Climate

Recent Scholarly Publications

Records 10 / 10

Geophysical limits to global wind power

September 2012

Abstract There is enough power in Earth’s winds to be a primary source of near-zero-emission electric power as the global economy continues to grow through the twenty-first century.

Organizations and Global Warming

December 2010

Introduction This essay examines the two biggest environmental polluters, the oil and coal industries, and the possibilities of renewable energy that could replace them.

The Growth of Nuclear Power: Drivers & Constraints

October 2009

Many countries around the world are taking a fresh look at nuclear power.

Power and Responsibility: Building International Order in an Era of Transnational Threats

March 2009

The post-World War II fabric of global security, designed and maintained by the United States, has dangerously frayed.

Making Nuclear Energy Work

March 2008

The search for solutions to two growing crises--human induced climate change and the loss of cheap oil--places nuclear energy front and center.

Reforming Intelligence: Obstacles to Democratic Control and Effectiveness

December 2007

These days, it's rare to pick up a newspaper and not see a story related to intelligence.

How Globalization Went Bad

January 2007

The article asserts that globalization has made the world a more dangerous and less orderly place.

Nuclear Renaissance in the Age of Global Warming

December 2006

With oil prices and global temperatures rising, the nuclear option has once again entered discussions about the future of the world's energy supply.

Keeping Out of the Box

November 2002

During three decades spent studying the highly charged issue of climate change, I've not been bashful about offering my scientific conclusions - or even my opinions about appropriate public policy....

Climate Change and the Transformation of World Energy Supply

May 1999

This report outlines the changes in energy supply that will be required over the next fifty years.

People

Chris Dunlap Christopher Dunlap Affiliate