Applications are open
The application deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year is January 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Application process
- Application portal
- Application requirements
Submission of a formal application is required for all individuals who wish to be in residence as visiting fellows, whether they need funding or have independent support.
All application materials, including recommendations, must be in English. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all materials, including letters of reference, are submitted by the deadline stated above. Please do not submit supplemental materials such as books, lengthy manuscripts, or more than the required number of recommendations.
It is strongly preferred that individuals upload their recommendations through the online system (Slideroom). Recommenders will receive an email from Slideroom requesting the recommendation form and letter.
Online Application Instructions
- To apply, click on the button below.
- Click "Sign up to get started" (at the bottom of the page). Input the requested information to create a username and password.
- Click "Stanford University Center for International Security and Cooperation Fellowship Program".
- Proceed through the application, entering information into all required fields.
- Submit your application.
Individuals who are unable to upload their recommendation through Slideroom may email the letters to email@example.com. It is not necessary to use both methods. The preferred file name format for emailed letters of reference is: [Last name of applicant] LoR [Last name of recommender]. For example: "Smith LoR Jones".
Online submission of application must include:
- Completed online application form
- Graduate school transcript (Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. All pre- and postdoctoral applicants must include a transcript. Junior faculty and professionals may include a transcript, but are not required to do so.)
- Research project prospectus or description of dissertation (1,500 words max., notincluding footnotes/endnotes)
- Research abstract (200 words max.)
- Writing sample (50 pages max.)
- Three confidential letters of recommendation. Please note that recommendation letter services, such as Interfolio, may not use our online recommendation letter submission system. Please advise your recommenders to upload their letters directly to the Slideroom system (see the comment above).
For answers to Frequenlty Asked Questions, please click here.
Contact us with your questions
The Fellowship administrators welcome your questions